The Muslim Community AssociationLegal Clinic was established in May 2005 through a partnership with the Pro Bono Project of Silicon Valley’s “Lawyers in the Library” program. This is the first clinic of its kind ever established in the Muslim American community.
The legal clinic continues to provide free 20-minute consultation sessions with attorneys on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month. Approximately 25 attorneys volunteer at the clinic on a rotating basis.
The Muslim Community Association Legal Clinic provides free 20-minute legal consultation sessions to all Bay Area residents who need legal advice. This service is provided in collaboration with the Pro Bono Project of Silicon Valley’s “Lawyers in the Library” program.
We have over 20 volunteer attorneys that have expertise in areas such as immigration, business, family/divorce, court appearances/litigation, employment, landlord-tenant, small claims, personal injury, consumer law/bankruptcy/debt, civil rights, and wills/estates/trusts.
To schedule an appointment with the Legal Clinic, please fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
To provide any feedback or comment about our Legal Clinic, click here to download form.
The MCA Legal Clinic has a legal reference center that includes self-help books, binders, CD-ROMs, brochures, and flyers on a variety of legal topics. The clinic also provides a referral sheet of legal organizations and attorneys.
The MCA Legal Clinic regularly holds free legal workshops for the community on a variety of common legal issues.
Call for Volunteers
The Legal Clinic at MCA provides 20-minute free legal consultations to the community. We have a number of upcoming workshops and events on a range of topics.
Are you an Attorney or Paralegal? Are you great at greeting patrons and answering simple questions? Are you a current law student? Please consider volunteering with us!!
We currently need:
- Attorneys Specializing in Family Law, Immigration Law, and NonProfit Incorporation
- Reception work
- Individuals to help set-up and usher at upcoming events
- Translators, Interpretors
Please contact Lillian Diallo at
- I can't pay my rent because I lost my job!
- When is it ok to discriminate and when is it illegal?
- My landlord's bank wants to repossess, what can I do?
- My tenants destroyed my apartment!
• The Naturalization Test
• Rights and Responsibilities of U.S. Citizenship
- Step-by-step description of the naturalization process
- Mock naturalization interview featuring USCIS officers
- Limited seating available
- FREE DVD with all the current naturalization test preparation materials
- For case information, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283 or go to www.infopass.uscis.gov.
- For more information on U.S. citizenship, visit www.uscis.gov/citizenship
* To find an English class in your area, visit America's Literacy Directory at www.literacydirectory.org.