MCA Elections/General Body Meeting 2014
1435 Hijri (2014) MCA Election
September 12, 2014
Assalamu-Alaikum Dear MCA Member:
Hope this letter finds you in good health and high Islamic spirits. As the MCA elections are approaching we would like to invite you to participate in the process and request you to nominate candidates for the open positions and vote on Election Day.
These are the details about the election.
- 1 President of MCA
- 3 Executive Committee members
- 1 Board of Trustee Member for 3 year term.
- 1 Board of Trustee member for a 1 year term (Replacing a member who resigned)
- Thursday, October 2nd
- Saturday, October 11th, from 8:30 pm to 10:00 pm at MCA center.
- Sunday, October 19th, from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm and from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm at MCA center.
- If fewer than 25% members participate, the election will be extended for the next day Monday,
October 20th, from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm.
In Person voting:
- To be able to vote on Election Day you must present a valid photo ID showing your name and address and
be an MCA member at least 60 days before election date.
Example of accepted Id's: State of California Driver license, California ID, US Green Card or Passport.
- If you cannot vote in person, you can request an absentee ballot.
Election Forms: (Click to download)
May Allah (swt) make this annual election process continue to be a source of unity, strength, and harmony among the members of our community, Ameen.
Chair: Toufik Saada 408-554-2649 (Home)
Member: Altaf Khan 408-223-5075 (Cell)
Member: Wisam Latif 408-438-5560 (Cell)