MCA Election 1444 Hijri (2022 – 2023) Announcement
Respected MCA Members:
We pray to Allah (swt) this letter finds you in good health and high Islamic spirits.
The MCA Elections Committee, by majority decision, has decided to continue to conduct and hold exclusively online voting for the upcoming MCA Election 1444 Hijri (2022-2023). All members will be considered to be absentees in this year’s election and will only be able to vote online.
The MCA Elections will take place on Wednesday, August 24 and Thursday, August 25.
- Online voting:
– Begin on August 24 at 6:00AM and end on August 25 at 6:00PM
To ensure that all MCA members can vote via an online ballot, all individual members must have a current, valid, unique email as each ballot will only be sent to the unique email associated with each individual member. Also, members are encouraged to not opt out of receiving emails from MCA as it will stop them from receiving important email reminders related to elections.
In advance of the elections and as soon as possible members are urged to verify and update their phone number on the MCA Membership page and to contact the MCA Membership Committee at email@example.com to verify and/or provide a current, valid, unique email for each member.
Specifically, if a member previously signed up for family membership for 2 or more people, it is imperative that this category of members email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide current, valid, unique email addresses for each family member.
President, four (4) Executive Board (EB) and two (2) Board of Trustees (BoT) Positions will be subject to election.
The following members are ending their terms this year:
- Samer Darwish
Executive Board (EB) members:
- Abdullah Ibrahim
- Chafik Ziadeh
- Kin Mohamed
- Br. Mahad Abdi (Position open for 1 year term. Br. Mahad Abdi was appointed to fill the vacated position of Br. Mohamed Shahram Marleen who resigned at the beginning of his term 2021)
Board of Trustees (BoT) members:
- Ahmed Hamud
- Mohamed Shahram Marleen (Br. Mohamed Shahram Marleen was appointed to fill the position after Br. Faisal Ahmed resigned in December of 2021 in advance of the end of his term)
Nominations / Elections Criteria:
- To be eligible to Nominate, you must have been a member on or before June 8, 2022 (60 days before submitting the nomination form).
- To be eligible to Vote, you must have been a member on or before June 25, 2022 (60 days before the start of the elections).
- To be eligible to be a Nominee:
- MCA member 2 out of the last 5 years for EB.
- MCA member 3 out of the last 5 years for BoT and President.
- The deadline to receive Nominations Form will be on Sunday, August 7 at 9:00 PM.
- The attached nomination form can be emailed to email@example.com.
- A virtual Candidate Forum will be held on Saturday, August 20 from 8:30 PM to 9:30 PM.
Download the attached files:
May Allah (swt) make this election process continue to be a source of unity, strength, and harmony among the members of our community. Ameen!
Please contact the Elections Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns.
MCA Election Committee
Br. Mohamed A Abdelhafez (Chair)
Br. Altaf Khan
Sr. Mariam Abdelgawad
Sr. Marwa Ahmed
MCA Election Committee can be reached via email for any questions or concerns: email@example.com
MCA Election Committee Members:
- Br. Mohamed A Abdelhafez (Chair)
- Br. Altaf Khan
- Sr. Mariam Abdelgawad
- Sr. Marwa Ahmed