February 5, 2015
GIS Board Election/General Body Meeting 2015
Assalamu-Alaikum Dear GIS Parents:
We pray to Allah (SWT) this letter finds you in good health and high Islamic spirits.
These are the details about GIS Board election.
- 2 GIS Board Members
Deadline to receive nomination forms:
- Thursday February 26th
- Download Nomination Form
Nomination Candidates: *NEW
- Tariq Ali , Sameena Usman, Maidul Islam & Fayaz A Syed
- Download Nomination List *NEW
Candidate's Bio: *NEW
- Saturday March 7th , from 8:30PM to 10:00PM at MCA Center
- Sunday March 15th, from 12:30PM to 1:30PM and will continue from 7:30PM to 9:30PM at MCA center. If we have a tie between 2 candidates a runoff will be held on Tuesday March 17th from 7:30PM to 9:30PM at MCA center.
GIS General Body Meeting Date/Location:
- Sunday March 15th, from 7:30PM to 8:30PM at MCA Center
GIS Results : *NEW
Eligibility requirements to participate in GIS elections process:
- To be eligible to nominate or second the nomination you must be parent of GIS student and a member of the MCA before February 24, 2015.
- For the nominees; they must be MCA members before February 24, 2015.
- To be eligible to vote you must be a parent of GIS student and a member of the MCA. For this year elections you must renew or become an MCA member on or before March 13, 2015
- Each family unit will constitute one voting member. A family unit is defined as parents or guardians of the child or children who are attending GIS
In Person voting:
- To be able to vote on Election Day you must present a valid photo ID showing your name and address. Example of accepted Ids: State of California Driver license, California ID, US Green Card or Passport
May Allah (SWT) make this annual election process continue to be a source of unity, strength, and harmony among the members of our community, Ameen.
Chair : Toufik Saada 408-554-2649 (Home)
Member: Altaf Khan 408-223-5075 (Cell),
Member: Wisam Latif 408-438-5560 (Cell)