The mission statement of the Muslim Community Association Career Services is to provide career counseling, assist in job search and placement and facilitate professional training and mentorship using the MCA community network and relationships with employers and organizations.
Job Portal: http://cs.mcabayarea.org
Voicemail: 408.727.7277 ext. 461
Every other Saturday starting June 8th at 10:00 am we meet in MCA after Fajr Prayer for Networking.
In that day we also provide
- Help with resume writing
- Interview skills/ mock interview
- Help with informational interview
- Information on BayArea career resources
- Career Counseling
- Company Name
- Job Title
- Requisition Number
and we will pass your resume to the Hiring Manager of that position.
Online Career Resources
Resume & Cover Letter
- Indeed - http://www.indeed.com
- Simply Hired - http://www.simplyhired.com/
- Health Care - http://www.healthcarenav.org/
- Bio-link: http://www.bio-link.org
- Foothill-De Anza Community College District Internship Program
- LinkedIn: http://www.1inkedin.com
- Promatch: www.promatch.org/
- CSIX: www.csix.org/
- Baybio: (Biotech) http://www.baybio.org/
- Linksv:(Business) http://wwwlinksv.com/
Informational interviewing is a process of gathering career advice and information by talking with people knowledgeable about a particular job or industry.
- HP IT Certifications: HP Certified Professional Program Guide
- Field-Specific Information: http://career.ucsd.edu/L3/sa/GettingStartPGSOP.shtml
- Fastweb: http://www.fastweb.com/
- Foundation Center: http://foundationcenter.org/sanfrancisco/
- Check out this CSIX webpage for Health Insurance Options
- Law Office of Sheela Murthy: www.murthy.com
- Immihelp: www.immihelp.com
- About.com – Immigration Issues: http://immigration.about.com
Click here for more in detail information.
CAREER RESOURCE CENTER AT MCA
The Career Resource Center offers:
- Assistance with Resume Writing, Job Search and Exploring Occupations.
- Facilitate Mock Interviews, Informational Interviews and Professional Networking.
- Provide information on Bay Area Career Resources
Career Counseling and Assistance:
- In-Person: By confirmed appointments only.
- By Phone: Available
Volunteer with Career Services
Abu Huraiah related that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said
"Whoever relieves from a believer some grief pertaining to this world, Allah will relieve from him some grief pertaining to the Hereafter.........." (Muslim)
Career services is looking for volunteers to help with various functions.(Click Here) to learn about our services.