February 9, 2017
GIS Board Election/General Body Meeting 2017
Assalamu-Alaikum Dear GIS Parents:
We pray to Allah (SWT) this letter finds you in good health and high Islamic spirits.
The upcoming GIS Board election will be held on March 3rd and 4th 2017. Here are
- 2 GIS Board Members
Results of the GIS Elections *NEW
- Br. Maidul Islam
- Br. Luqman Mohammed
Deadline to receive nomination forms:
- Friday February 17th till 9:00PM
- Click here to download Nomination form
- Click here to view Nominations *NEW
- Saturday February 25th from 6:30PM to 8:00PM at MCA Center
- Friday March 3th, from 7:45AM to 8:30AM and from 2:45PM to 3:30PM at GIS and will continue
from 11:30AM to 12:30PM on Saturday March 4th at MCA Center. If we have a tie between 2
candidates a runoff will be held on Tuesday March 7th from 7:45AM to 8:30AM and from 2:45PM
to 3:30PM at GIS.
GIS General Body Meeting Date/Location:
- Saturday March 4th, from 11:30AM to 12:30PM at MCA Center
Eligibility requirements to participate in GIS elections process:
- To be eligible to nominate or second the nomination you must be parent of GIS student and a
member of the MCA before February 15, 2017.
- For the nominees; they must be MCA members before February 17, 2017.
- To be eligible to vote you must be a parent of GIS student and a member of the MCA. For this year
elections you must renew or become an MCA member on or before March 1, 2017.
- Each family unit will constitute one voting member. A family unit is defined as parents or
guardians of the child or children who are attending GIS.
In Person voting:
- To be able to vote on Election Day you must present a valid photo ID showing your name and
address. Example of accepted Ids: State of California Driver license, California ID, US Green Card
May Allah (swt) make this annual election process continue to be a source of unity, strength, and harmony among the members of our community, Ameen.
Note: You can apply for MCA membership online http://www.mcabayarea.org/about-us/membership