Islamic Counseling Updates -
* Counseling session with Brother Kamal Shaarawy are now available *
* MCA Counseling Office will be open on Tuesdays from 1:30PM - 3:30PM *
* Now offering Counseling Sessions with Female Counselor on Sundays & FREE 20 minute Consultations. *
MCA Islamic Counseling & Education aims to provide programs and services based on Islamic teachings to build a healthier, stronger Muslim community that will bring out the best in individuals and families through focusing on all aspects of personal and family wellness including spiritual, emotional, mental and physical.
Islamic Counseling is based on the teaching of the Glorious Qur’an and the hadith of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him. It emphasizes spiritual development as the cornerstone for healing and prevention of future problems.
Types of Counseling available:
- Individual, family, couples
Schedule a Free 20 minute Consultation
or call (408)727-7277 ext. 777.
Schedule a Counseling Appointment
Click here for appointment!
Meet our Counselors
Sister Nuzhath Qadri, MFTI
Nuzhath received her Masters in Counseling Psychology in 2008 University of San Francisco. She is currently an intern at the Bill Wilson Center and the Santa Clara Unified School district where she works with children and families. She was one of the initial advocates of NISA in 2004 and has since been working with the MCA counseling program.
Brother Kamal Shaarawy
Br. Kamal has a Masters' degree in psychology and an Islamic Studies and Electrical Engineering degree from Al-Azhar University in Cairo, Egypt. He is currently working on his doctorate in Clinical Psychology. Br. Kamal has provided Islamic family counseling for individuals, couples and families and marital coaching services for prospective and married couples in the US for over 25 years. He has also written a book on marriage, Dwell in Tranquility.
Purchase your own copy of Dwell in Tranquility today:
(Click on Book Image for more info)
Examples of topics that can be addressed through Islamic Counseling:
- Coaching to rejuvenate and enhance marriage
- Enhancing self-image and self-confidence for children, youth, and adults
- Islamic coaching for individuals, couples, and families
- Life transitions such as aging, separation/divorce, career change
- Managing stress/anger effectively
- Overcoming depressive thoughts, fear, or anxiety
- Overcoming harmful habits
- Parenting education and support
- Pre-marital training and preparation
- Pre-marital compatibility analysis
If you have questions please email
Dr. Leonard Sax, MD, Phd is a physician and psychologist, graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology then went on to the University of Pennsylvania where he earned both a PhD in Psychology and an MD. In addition to his 22 years of clinical experience, Dr. Sax is the best-selling author of Why Gender Matters, Boys Adrift and his most recent book Girls on the Edge.
To learn more about Dr. Sax visit http://www.leonardsax.com/
Watch Dr. Sax discuss his book, Boys Adrift, with Matt Lauer on the TODAY show
Watch Dr. Sax discuss his book, Girls on the Edge, with Kiran Chetry on CNN’s American Morning
Happy Marriages (click for more info)
To learn more about Stress Management and other work related issues please visit theislamicworkplace.com
If you have any questions, comments or concerns please e-mail
or call (408)727-7277 ext. 777.
For further help, click here to view resource list